Pay: $20-30 an hour with additional overtime including nights and weekends
Oregon CBD Propagation Technician
Hours: 40+, occasional night and weekend hours with some flexibility
Benefits: PTO, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, 401K
About Oregon CBD
Founded in 2015, Oregon CBD is a Willamette Valley based seed research and development company, specializing in the production of federally compliant, 100% feminized hemp varieties for farmers throughout the United States.
The Propagation Technician will be part of a well-coordinated propagation team and will be responsible for multiplying cannabis plants for commercial production, the set-up and operation of complex equipment in a clean environment, using aseptic techniques, and maintaining excellent mother plant health.
• Collect nodal stem samples for use in propagation of cannabis
• Transplant rooted plants
• Sterilize equipment used in propagation
• Operate sensitive tools and instruments used for research;
technicians are required to calibrate, inspect, clean and adjust tools accordingly.
• Must be able to perform laboratory processes using aseptic technique
• Must keep all work stations clean and organized
• Keep detailed accounts of all activities, research and observations
• Apply foliar sprays and pesticides using best industry practices
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, horticulture or botany related degree,
(Or currently enrolled in a related degree program at an accredited university).
• Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to be flexible to different working schedules and ability to adapt to plant needs.
• Must have driver’s license and ability to travel from site to site.
Nice to have:
• Cannabis industry experience
Additional Required Qualification:
• Must be punctual and maintain good attendance.
• Must be able to perform repetitive motions.
• Excellent attention to detail - visually and numerically.
• Ability to stand, sit or walk for the majority of schedule.
• Ability to work in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces for extended periods.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
• Ability to work flexible schedules depending on work volume/requirements.
• Comfort in wearing personal protection equipment for a significant part of the day.
Please your resume and a short cover letter to
Include Propagation Technician in the subject line.
Oregon CBD is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.